July 2, 2009
A Brother in the Lord in Heaven tonight ...

Bro. Eugene Newkirk left this world a few hours ago into the arms of his Lord and Savior. I was sad and after talking to his wife, who emphatically assured me not to be, he wasn't suffering any more and "He was in Heaven" Amen. He will be missed. Please remember his family in prayer.

I don't know for sure exactly what Heaven will be like, but its undoubtedly wonderful.

My new treatment went okay -- I would get sick instantly from that A/C chemo -- and honestly expected the worst. But my system handled it well, my nausea is about a 2 on a 10 point scale, where with the other it was a 20. ugh. Actually one of the new drugs is a biochemical. It stops cancer cells from reproducing and in effect kills them off. Its a relatively newly approved drug ... 2005 or 2006 ?? I just pray the Lord uses it to Heal my body. The tumour is much softer today and easily pressed, not like the rock its been and the redness is better. I'm praying that means its shrinking away from the skin. I do have to take the Neupogen shots starting Saturday for 5 days -- they make your bones ache. I feel relatively good -- much better -- those A/C treatments really affected everything for the last 6 weeks.
The house is still a wreck from the painting -- I need to go dust a bit before the men get home.
Its beautiful in Kansas today ... the sun is shining and its not too hot. I worked today and earned my paycheck -- I'm thankful for that. My co-worker brought me 2 bags of asparagus! (its been known to help with cancer ...) She is just showing she wants me to get well.
As well as the sister who loaded me up with Juice Plus vitamins. Thanks sis.
With the Lord's help I will be well, healed and whole.

I'm trying to drink, drink and drink. Very important. Going to be a few potty breaks tonight. I've been awake since 2am ... steroids ... but hope to get some rest tonight.

I'm believing...in what I know it true.



Image credit.

Labels: ,



1 comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Praying for the dear one who had his homegoing and praying for you too.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer