June 29, 2009
Keep Believing ...

I've been walking in a tunnel of darkness this past week, any and all attempts to shake it off have met with limited success. The Internet is a wonderful tool, but it has entirely too much information some times. I've been in a battle with my mind -- its been a little rough.

We had service yesterday evening -- and I had been close to tears/screaming my frustration with my trial all day -- Sis Rogers began singing the song "Keep believing in what you know is true .."

That's what I need to do. I've been having some pain and of course your mind goes off the charts ... my husband says I know what the Bible says about statistics -- don't limit God. It's not any harder for Him to heal your cancer, than it is to heal a scrape. Truth.

I know this. I need to keep believing and remembering that God is faithful. God is my Healer and my Saviour and He is with me every step of this trial. I need to stand on His promises.

I know His Word is true ...

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1 Peter 2:24

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Psalm 37:25

11If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy 1 Peter 4:11-13
The Pastor talked about how some times it seems to get much worse before it gets better, its just a smoke screen put out by the enemy of our souls. Truth. I go back to the doctor this afternoon and we are believing God for turning my situation around and start seeing results in the physical form -- not just spiritually. I'm unsure what today will bring ... but if the battle is on -- I have my spiritual battle gear on and I'm ready to fight and WIN.
I know every time I get prayed for by the elders of the church -- by the laying on of Hands (scripture) God moves in a mighty way ... its so much more than a physical battle ... its a spiritual battle as well. Pray!

Labels:



1 comments:

Blogger Saved By Grace said...

Hang in there my sister. I have seen with my own eyes as the power of God has moved upon you when you get prayed for. God is faithful, and the song was just for you last night! We are here for you every step of the way. Love and prayers!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer