November 15, 2007
Thankful Thursday - the mercies of God


First, and always I am thankful for Jesus Christ, His grace and mercy and goodness to me and my loved ones. He truly is awesome Savior.

I am thankful for the prayers that were sent heavenward upon my behalf after my accident last week. Brothers and Sisters in my home church, fellow bloggers and friends. I honestly believe that it was through these prayers that it went as well as it did! God Has a reason and a plan for this, although He has yet to share it with me.

The international students at my work - they have been so kind to me, each class sent me flowers (we have 2 classes), emails and phone calls to check on me. I was astounded at the care they have shown to me -- so many have stopped by my desk to check in with me. One class graduates in a month and they head home across the seas -- they will be sorely missed. They were my first class and I have gotten to know so many. Its going to be so hard to see them go. One reason I went back to work so quickly was so I would have more days with them -- our officer from Rwanda sent me an email about my vacant seat and that they were leaving soon and just could not have that! When its not such a struggle to type, I will share more about them all.

My new elbow -- scares me a little -- all that metal inside my body. Its time like these where the trust in God has to step in. Fear will drive us mad.

My husband and boys have been a big help to me, I hate being a burden but its nice to know I have help when I need it.

I am thankful God saved me from flat on the highway yesterday. I noticed before I left home and Stephen was able to help me get air in it. My hub had to get two new tires on it today.

I am thankful for our health, our Pastor and his wife; the word of God that speaks to my heart and soul and causes me to change my thinking; family and friends who will pray for me; being able to meet all our bills, and actually have a little indulgence once in a while.

Please visit Crystal at God is in Control…NOT ME! who is hosting this week. Iris at Sting my heart is taking a little break, and she is missed. Visit Crystal for more Thankful Thursday praises!

Labels:



4 comments:

Blogger Denise said...

I am praying for you dear one.

No matter the situation, we can always find something to be thankful for!

Blogger Cheryl said...

It is good that you are so thankful while going through a rough time. God Bless You!

Blogger Crystal said...

Wow, so glad you are ok after your accident! Having people who pray for you is such a wonderful privilege!
Thanks for sharing
Blessings

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer