October 20, 2007
I have been wondering ...
... quite a lot of things, some of them un-blog worthy this past week. A week filled with work, chores and running it seems. Thankful that today is Saturday!

We live in an older farmhouse -- which we purchased to remodel and gain some profit from. Although with the house market today -- that isn't happening, but that's okay too, we are far from done.

The sheet rock in the stair case was in need of repair and the ceiling fell over last winter. A huge mess, don't ask! This summer my brother tore the rest down and yesterday my husband started the tedious task of putting up new sheet rock. Its a small, narrow, dark staircase and doesn't look like its much fun! I wonder how much heat would escape the house if we didn't seal it all back in nice and tight?

He has also been filing some cracks in Sarai's old room so that Josh could move in. We plan on totally gutting that room in the spring and installing new sheet rock and hopefully windows. Josh chose a color -- a pretty dark color but we figured it will be ripped out anyway. I wonder how many coats of primer it would take to cover it? I'll share some before and after shots soon.

My laptop ended up back in Best Buy the end of September for the third time for the SAME problem. Their lemon rule is 4 times. My warranty expires in Feb 08. I prayed about it and asked the Lord if this is going to happen again, please let them consider giving me a replacement. Well they called and told my hub to bring in my paperwork and pick out a new one! Praise the Lord!! That is the plan for this afternoon -- pray they don't get 'dumb'. Sometimes their service people are difficult to deal with and that they can transfer all my information.

Stephen is marching in the Maple Leaf Festival Parade -- wish I could go, but not this year. It will be the first year I have missed. Its a beautiful day here in Kansas!

My front brakes need replaced BAD -- I wonder how much that is going to cost? Please pray its not one of those $600 repair jobs! Ugh!

Ya know, I heard someone say something the other night -- I wonder if they think I am really that dumb? That is one of the reasons I have hesitated to blog -- but you know I really think those two similar scriptures are true in this situation ---
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Mat 7:5

Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. Luk 6:42
We need to clean and remodel our own houses before we judge or remodel someone elses -- and remember what we expected in the same situation, but they can't do that? Ah, peeps!
Pray for me today -- I hate being used and thought that I am dumb not to see through their words. Not a very good blog ending, but now you see why I haven't blogged! LOL! God is so much bigger than me, and I am thankful for Him.

Labels:



1 comments:

Hugs sweetie! Sounds like a tough week for you. I am here if you need me!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer