October 12, 2007
Frugal Fridays / CVS Savings

If you have not visited Biblical Womanhood and their Frugal Friday links – you are definitely missing out! Lots of great ideas.

It was actually through this blog and her business which prompted me to begin using coupons again, when she shared a wealth of information about great deals at CVS, Walgreen's and Dillon's (Kroger). She has a $35 a week grocery budget which feeds her family of 4, to include diapers and paper products, health and personal hygiene items. This website has truly been a blessing to our budget!

One of my tips for today is to purchase Crystal’s e-book Secrets to Supermarket Savings. About a month ago she had a special for about five e-books (which included this one) and I have read every one. They have been a huge help to me.

My second tip is to RUN to her other website “Money Savings Moms where she shares the latest CVS deals, Walgreen's deals and Kroger savings and a host of other things.
Third is to share my CVS Savings experience--

I wasn’t exactly sure how CVS and the Extra Care Bucks worked until I read her CVS 101 post. Crystal then actually gave a Beginner Deals for CVS post that gave detailed instructions on what to buy, where to get coupons and even the order you should give the Extra Care Card and coupons to the cashier. There is a small investment before you start getting items for basically free.

For my first CVS Deal this is what I bought:
5 Ultimate Strength Mylanta – on sale for $4.50 each. I had 5 $3 off coupons, plus I had a CVS Coupon for $4 off of $20

Mylanta $22.50
Coupons -$15.00
CVS Cpn -$ 4.00
Total OOP $3.50 (OOP = out of pocket)

But I received $10 in Extra Care Bucks (ECB) back. (This was $10 in ECBs for buying $20 of certain products) (So actually I’m really ahead about $6.50 (not including tax!)

For my Second Deal (Week of Oct 7-13)

(These were the deals I took advantage of and still valid through tomorrow, if you click on the link prior Crystal shares links for the coupons and everything you need to get started!)

Palmolive Dish Detergent Buy 1 at $1.49 and get $1 in ECBs (I had a 40 cents off coupon)
Playtex tampons Buy 1 at $4.99, get $3 ECBs – (I had a $2.50 off coupon)
Colgate Total Advanced Clean 4.2 oz. or Max Fresh Burst 4 oz. (I had 2 $1 off/ 1 .75 off cpns) Buy 1 at $2.99, get $2 ECBs
My purchases:
Palmolive $1.49
Coupons -$.40
1 Playtex 4.99
Coupon -2.50
3 Colgate 8.97
Coupon -2.75
Bleach 1.50 (which I needed)

Credit $10.00 ECBs
OOP 1.81 (So I basically paid for my bleach and tax!)

ECBs Earned: $10.00 (so I am back where I started last week!!)
My daughter uses the Playtex and would need the Palmolive. Although she has a dishwasher! (wish I did!)

So for my initial investment of $3.50, I have: 3 tubes of Colgate Max Burst toothpaste 1 Box Playtex; 1 Bottle Palmolive, 5 bottles Mylanta and a bottle of Bleach. I should have bought more bottles of Palmolive but I had only the one coupon at the time, but there is a printable (which CVS accepts) and you can get 5 deals, so I may go back tomorrow and get 4 more since we have 2 computers to print from and you can print 2 coupons from each computer)

Here are a few other noteworthy posts from this past week:

BigLots 20% off coupon Entire Purchase (Expires 13 Oct)

Pinecone Research: $5 for every survey you take (I have been doing these surveys for about 2 years – they pay timely and our family has even been able to try products before market release!)

Vocalpoint (I am part of this as well and received my coupons yesterday!)
There are a host of other great posts and a wealth of information. If you have questions, please email me and I will try and help.

Labels:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer