September 27, 2007
Thankful Thursday -- Trust

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

I am thankful for the Bible Study we had at church last evening -- for God speaking to me loud and clear -- especially during this season of life -- with so many changes and upheaval. I don't handle change well -- but am thankful for the Lord standing beside me.

I'd like to share some things I learned from the Lord with you -- in the hopes it would be a help and a blessing to your life.

Trust is a dimension beyond faith.
Trust will take you through when you don't understand why your faith failed.
Trust will keep you, when faith 'won't'.
Trust submits to unchanged conditions.

Faith Reaches, Trust Retains
Faith Rushes Out, Trust Waits
Faith is Believing, Trust is Knowing

My faith has been tested to its limits, but I am depending on the trust I have in the Lord to see me through.

Its been a pretty stressful week -- but I am thankful for my sisters in the Lord -- especially Melinda who didn't need to walk a path she's already walking on -- and Crystal and Michelle -- who are faithful to offer prayer. It helps to know there are people lifting you in prayer. (and not judging or just being nosey!!)

I'm thankful for my brother -- who came home from work and brought me my favorite bread, butter cake and candy! I told him I haven't really been eating because of all the stress -- he just said "I know, sis." It was his way of showing he cared.

I'm just thankful for another day, another opportunity for us all to make a decision towards God; another opportunity to witness for His Kingdom. I figured if I was about His business, He'd take care of mine.

I'm thankful for our good health and tangible blessings! I do not take it lightly.

I'm thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ, for without Him, we would be nothing.

And as always, thankful for this community of bloggers -- whose thankful lists are truly an encouragement and balm to your soul. Iris is taking a well needed break -- and Thankful Thursday is being hosted here this week. Go visit and be blessed!

Labels:



4 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle,

Wonderful list in the mist of your stress. The mundane and your friends who pray. Awesome.

Thank you for joiningin and praising our King. Loved your list. Love and hugs, Lynn

Blogger Vicki said...

The Lord is faithful. I'm praying for you.

hugs & blessings!
vicki

Blogger Denise said...

Wishing you many sweet blessings.

Blogger Saved By Grace said...

As always my dearest friend, you always give God glory even in your hardest times of life!! He is faithful, and so are you!! He will continue to bless and protect you and your family!! Love you!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer