October 11, 2007
Thankful Thursday - Peace

Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee. Isa 26:3 KJV
I debated posting today -- I am unsure why? Its not that I am not thankful, because that could be the farthest thing from the truth. I think I am struggling with the thankfulness of others?
In any case, I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ, His ultimate sacrifice for my life and the lives of my family ... and so many others. I never want to take Him for granted.
When I was praying this morning, I realized that the Lord had given me a peace with my daughter being on her own. (The Lord has been bringing this to pass over the last few weeks -- Bible studies on trust and faith) I will admit to continuing to pray for her safety -- sometimes I think she takes it for granted. But I am at peace with it. She is so excited, its hard not to feel some of the joy and happiness about her feeling she is accomplishing so much. Do I think she made the right decision, uh not a chance. But we raised her and trained her in the way she should go and I am leaving her in the Lord's hand. She is on her Solo Flight -- sort of like our guineas! In the Lords hand -- that is the best place to be and where I am leaving her.
I am thankful for my sons -- Stephen who at 15 told me to pick something and he would color it for me -- I love to color -- and love homemade gifts -- and coloring gifts count!! They really do!

....and Josh who brings his lunch up to my office and eats here. He's 17 -- that can't be cool, can it? But in both cases, I am thankful for the measure of joy it brings me.

I'm thankful for coffee in the mornings when I drag myself out of bed at 0430 am! Ugh! The new Folgers Black Silk is very yummy! (Thankful too that my brother brought it for us!!)

I'm thankful for my husband -- for many things, but for helping me with chores lately. I get tired of doing the same things day in and day out!

I am thankful for our health, our Pastor and his wife; the word of God that speaks to my heart and soul and causes me to change my thinking; family and friends who will pray for me; being able to meet all our bills, and actually have a little indulgence once in a while.

And as always, I am thankful for this community of bloggers who are an encouragement to me. Thanks Iris for hosting, its nice to have you back!
Please visit Sting my heart for more Thankful Thursday praises!

Labels:



6 comments:

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Cool or not, he must be a great kid!

What a bunch of blessings you have! God Bless you!

Blogger Vicki said...

Doing this Thankful Thursday has really given my spirits a boost. I'm happy to rejoice with you in all these blessings!

Blogger Nise' said...

I hear your heart about kids leaving the nest. We are in the midst of this as well. You are so right in that we have to leave them in the Lord's hands. It was a little easier to do with our daughter, than our son who is just leaving...it will be a little harder to do. LOL

Very, very good post sweetie and I am glad you did it!

Blogger Denise said...

Be sweetly blessed dear one.

Blogger eph2810 said...

I am so thankful that you have posted your thankful post, despite your doubts.
It is really hard to let go of our grown children, but like you -- I had to resolve that our son is now in God's hands (he actually visited us today -- how fun).
How neat that your brings you your lunch to have it with you together.

I don't think I could go without my coffee in the morning, I rise the same hour you do.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer