November 2, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday- Cookie edition


Our family loves these cookies -- these were fondly made by my mom. She made them all year for us because she knew we all loved them! They roll out easy (which is a plus for me!) I made these last year for Christmas, as we lost my mom in 2005 -- and it brought back so many good memories of all the love she put in making these for us. I miss her and her spoiling us with treats!


WINKLER SUGAR COOKIES
(makes approx. 8 dozen)

Ingredients:------------
3/4 lb butter
4 1/2 c sugar
5 eggs
5 c flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract
1/2 tsp almond extract -- (I usually just use vanilla)

Instructions:-------------
Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, salt, baking soda and nutmeg. Beat extracts into butter mixture and gradually incorporate flour mixture, blending thoroughly. Place dough in greased bowl and refrigerate overnight.

Before baking, preheat oven to 350F. Roll dough out on floured pastry cloth. Cut with cookie cutters and bake on greased cookie sheets for 10-15minutes until golden brown.

Head over to Overwhelmed With Joy for more Favorite Ingredient Friday – Cookie Edition.


Labels: ,



5 comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

Any cookie is a good cookie!

Blogger Tami said...

I love sugar cookies. I will be trying these this year. Thanks.

Blogger Kim Davis said...

How wonderful of you to share your Mom's recipe. Can't wait to try it!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, that's so sweet that you're sharing your Mom's recipe! I love it! :)

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Cookie Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

Blogger Vicki said...

Just stopping by to let you know of my prayers. Your friend Melinda let me know you've had elbow surgery. I pray you're able to rest and recover well. God bless you and keep you in His peace. {{hugs}}

Blessings,
Vicki

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer