September 3, 2009
Thankful Thursday and Plan C or D ...

As always, first and foremost I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ, His saving grace and healing power. I'm thankful for all the things He has done in our lives and doing behind the scenes for us.
I'm thankful for family, good friends and peace like a river. God knows my heart and I'm leaving it in His hands today.
I'm praying my mind can stay there as well.
Change of treatment AGAIN. So, there will be a plan C, D, or E.
C - surgery first
D - radiation, then surgery
E -- the unthinkable. Pray this doesn't happen. Not claiming it.
No chemo yesterday (which in itself, isn't a bad thing!) since the tumour hasn't shrunk in 3 weeks (last visit) -- (And I have a story to tell about that, no time this morning though...) for whatever reason (but we are believing answered prayer!) I am seeing the Radiation Oncologist this morning at 1030. Dr S wasn't sure if the surgeon would be able to do surgery yet, but on my last visit 9 weeks ago, she did seem like she could and it is smaller than it was then, so he wanted me to see him today about radiation and shrinking it more so that I could have surgery. He did say he was calling the surgeon too because his first choice is surgery to remove it. Wow -- this could happen really quick, and a prayer I prayed when I found out surgery wouldn't be in July, was that as soon as the wedding was over, we could get this thing out! So -- an answer to prayer?? Amen.
He was on the phone with her (yes, we were eavesdropping!) when we left. I'm thankful my husband came with me yesterday. I needed moral support -- without even knowing I did.
The surgeon's nurse called and left a voicemail last night and said that Dr. S had called her doc and they wanted to see me on Friday morning at 0900 to schedule surgery. I'm not sure if its just to schedule, or to look and then schedule. Either way, its a tad scarey.
One MAJOR concern we have, OK I HAVE, that we need prayer for. My hub keeps telling me one of the first prayers we prayed was that God would contain the cancer. Dr S wants me to do scans on Friday afternoon to see if the cancer was spread. {huge sigh} I have been having some pain, but of course that could be the enemy and normal aches from white blood count recreation etc. I'm a little scared.
Dr S did say, "He doesn't think it has, (spread) but needs to check, because that would change the entire plan." {sigh} NO KIDDING. (That would be the unthinkable plan E) I REFUSE TO GO THERE TODAY. I'm hoping Sarai can come with me, cause hub isn't able too. And of course, we GET to WAIT THE ENTIRE WEEKEND FOR RESULTS. UGH! The stuff they make you drink for the scans hits my body horribly. It was ugly last time. Please pray it hasn't spread and thank God for that first prayer.
Josh had called and I asked him and Lexi to pray, and he said, Mom I'm not worried about that at all. They'll open it and find there isn't any cancer left. Its just a big blob of dead stuff. Gotta love his faith. Stephen I will not tell because he doesn't have that faith right now. It affects him differently. He keeps a lot of stuff in. Could be causing the stomach problems he is having and saw the doctor for. She mentioned it, and said you are like your mom and keep stuff in.
My ankle is doing okay, I have the boot. I can tell how weak it is when I walk without it, and it gets painful, but I believe the Lord touched it after the outreach team prayed for me Monday night. I'm hoping their prayers touched the cancer mess too! =) Sis H said she is going to put me in padded room, I may need one after all this is over. LOL! Thanks for all the prayers guys!
My tooth is doing well, its healing and no bleeding. One worry Dr S had. My hair is growing back, it looks darker now, not so much grey.
I'm thankful to the Lord for keeping this cancer contained (and gone!). I know He has the ultimate plan for me. I need to rest in Him. He is working for my good.
A sister came up to me in church and gave me this scripture that she said the Lord told her was for me and her ... during our current trials.
Psalms 46: 10
Be still, and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Thanks for the prayers -- have a blessed day!!

Labels: ,



2 comments:

Blogger Jenna B said...

I will pray for you! Lord, please protect Aunt Michelle and heal her body. Take away the cancer so the doctors have nothing to cure and she can be a testimony to your power. Give her peace and contentment throughout this process. Amen.

Anonymous michelle said...

I will keep on praying for you sweetie.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer