September 1, 2009
Foot ...

We had another full evening last night ... when I picked my husband up, he took one look at my ankle and said you are going to the ER! {sigh} I tried to get out of it by conceding that I'd call Dr. S and see what he thought. If he thinks I should just put it up or whatever then I wouldn't go.

So, I called and I lost that battle. Blah. He said he wanted me to go to the emergency room last night and get it checked too. {eyeroll}
My poor husband's allergies were in full force, his eyes were almost shut closed. The ER doctor slipped him some benadryl, since his drops were all at home. Not that they really help anyway.

I did something called an inversion fracture?? Or something like that. I have a soft cast on, and since my ankle is immobilized it doesn't feel too bad. When I moved it, it hurt the most. I pick up a support boot today so I can at least walk on it. I'm supposed to be using crutches, but we don't have any and they don't give them out. Makes a lot of sense, huh? But he did say if I could support it without pain, I could walk on it. As long as this soft cast is on, I can walk on it so that's what I did today. My co-worker Jason met me at the door to the building and drove my car to the parking lot for me, and Beckie came down the stairs to help me up. Good people, those two!

I have labs today, so you know what tomorrow is. I'm dreading it already. I'm hoping it won't be so bad this time. The Lord knows what will happen next, in a way I'm glad I don't know the future, but at times I wish I did.

Stephen is definitely missing his brother. Its been quiet without Josh at home. All these new seasons of life ... {sigh} ... we've had quite a few this year alone. The Lord doesn't give us anything that we aren't able to handle, so as I press on, I KNOW I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

Labels: ,



1 comments:

Anonymous michelle said...

So sorry about that silly foot. praying it heals quickly.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer