August 24, 2009
Wedding Week & MPM
I can't believe there are only 5 days left! Yikes.
We'll be fine, I am blessed to have some wonderful friends helping me, I couldn't do it without them.
Even my co-worker/friend Beckie has volunteered to help decorate! I am truly doubly blessed to have them in my life.
I was reading a blog post this morning about showing kindness to others. The last line especially spoke to my heart. "Kindness is not optional. If the world is to see the love of Christ, they must see it in us; our hands, our feet, our words, and our time" I don't need to worry about if people are showing kindness to me, because people let us down, but I do need to worry about how I AM showing kindness to others. I'm usually always willing, but sometimes the flesh is weak, especially during this season of life, I have a lot to make up for! Giving of your time is truly a gift, especially in this day and age when everyone is so busy with their lives.
It will be an easy week, if most of it even happens! I have a plan for each day so I can get things done.
Sunday -Turkey Pastrami Sandwiches, Salad and Cantaloupe.
Have you tried those Oroweat Sandwich Thins yet? Yumo!
Monday -- Leftovers or Turkey Burgers -- Kansas City/Dress/Hair/Sams/Cut & Curl Ribbon Bubbles
Tuesday -- Homemade Beefaroni (Kansas City for what we didn't get)
Wednesday -- Turkey Sandwiches, Salad and Fruit -- House Cleaning Day!
Thursday -- Grilled Hamburgers - Veggies - Fruit (Cook Food for Rehearsal Dinner) Possibly Lexi's dad and grandparents will be here to visit.
Friday -- Kansas City for perishables, then from Noon on decorating hall and church, then rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Going to be a long day!
Saturday -- Wedding Day!!
(Roast, Chicken, Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad, Rolls and Cake!)
I'm super excited to see my friend Jeanine from Colorado/Missouri now! and my friend Brenda, whom I've known for 20+ years! She is making the long trek here for the wedding. I've missed her. She truly gives of her time, she's always been like that, I need to be like her when I grow up!
Time to get to work! I need a shot of energy today. I am a bit weary, but otherwise doing okay. Thank the Lord!! The Pastor talked in service yesterday how it will get a little dark for me before the dawn breaks through. He believes the Lord has told him, I will beat this. Thank you Lord for your healing and for putting a true man of God in our lives. And thanks for putting those support people in my life during this season of life, may I be able to one day return the favor, if it is needed.

Labels: , ,



1 comments:

Anonymous michelle said...

Wow the wedding day is getting so close! I pray they will be blessed.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer