November 22, 2007
Thankful Thursday - All Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is a "traditional" day of thanks, but we need to be thankful daily -- for all things, even the small blessings!

As I sit here typing with TWO hands -- that is a blessing, sometimes my fingers don't cooperate due to the surgery, but for the most part I am doing well. It is truly a miracle what God has done with my arm.

Yes, I did have to have surgery, yes I do have a metal elbow, yes I do have a long ugly scar on my arm, no it is not 100%, and yes it is still painful -- BUT it could have been so much worse. It was a long 10 days with that cast on, but amazingly enough I have NO cast on my arm today!! I do have to baby it, and sling it, and not pick up over a pound with my right hand but I honestly believe that is was through prayer that I am doing as well as I am. I give God all the glory.

Today, I am thankful for the simple things -- that I hope I never take advantage of.

  • The Lord Jesus Christ and His saving grace.
  • My husband and children
  • My Pastor and his wife, our church family and friends.
  • A home, clothes on my back, a car to drive, a job and food to eat. God is so good to provide these small blessings.
  • Blogging friends -- they encourage me and I do learn so much from them.

It will be a quiet day here -- and that's okay. My children will be here along with my brother, whom I have not shared a Thanksgiving Day or any holiday with for 20 years. God answered many prayers on his behalf. My hub will help me with dinner and kids with clean up. We usually stop by Kmart to check out their sales -- and later plan out a route for Black Friday. Thankfully I started shopping weeks ago -- and really don't have much to buy -- I did have a minor set back and do have some things I still need to make!!

It will be a busy month with the holidays, my birthday and work demands as a class of students depart for home and a new class arrives!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friends -- may you be blessed abundantly with His grace.

Labels:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer