September 27, 2009
Menu Plan Monday --

I've decided that you can definitely only look at the computer so much, before it gets REALLY old. Sleep definitely makes the day go by faster, not that I am in any rush, mind you! Life can go by slowly.
Its a little chilly here this morning -- not sure if it will stay that way or not. I haven't looked at the weather report lately ... got out for a little while yesterday -- went along for the ride mainly.
Not feeling too bad -- physically -- opting not to think too much about the rest. It doesn't help anyway.
I had meals planned and things started/cooked prior to surgery, so we still have those in the freezer and pantry, so it will be an uneventful meal week.
Here's what we have that can be made relatively quickly. Salads, veggies and fruit as sides.
Tator Tot Casserole (I've never eaten this, but I imagine they will like it)
Pasta, Salad, Garlic Toast
Meatball Subs (using up a stash of meatballs!)
Hamburgers and Oven Fries
Arroz Con Pollo -- this looks really good to me. I will leave out the oil.
I usually buy 90% or higher ground beef, then cook and rinse. I usually leave oil out of recipes and use lower fat content for cheeses, soups and dressings. I think this is ingrained in me, been doing it forever. We'd love to get a grass-fed cow -- we have the room, we just need to do it!
Since I have two weeks off right now -- I want to try and make some homemade bread. I have a huge container of wheat berries just waiting for me to get with the program. We all know that whole grains are better for you, and I personally prefer them, not that good old Wonder Bread doesn't taste yummy. 80% good foods, 20% not so good.

Been reading Health Begins with Mom quite a bit -- I can see where we still need to change alot of things. The first thing I've done is not to buy them -- still working on the cereal thing. Stephen and hub eat it and I need to get them to change -- little by little!
I've been trying to get this cookbook/book from the library -- What the Bible Says about Healthy Living Cookbook -- no success yet. I just tried an inter-library loan. I'd like to see it before I invest in it.
I have come to believe this philosophy -- "Eat what God made. Eat it as close to how He made it as possible. Eat everything in moderation."



Labels: ,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer