September 20, 2009
Menu Plan Monday
According to the weather man its supposed to start getting chilly this week ...
Don't feel particularly motivated this week but I did make up a plan of about 15 meals and a grocery list for the next 2 weeks. Trying something new to do things ahead. And use up freezer/pantry stuff.
Sunday - Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Monday - Tortilla Soup
Tuesday - Out to eat with co-workers
Wednesday -- Leftovers / Pastrami Sandwiches, Veggies and Fruit
Thursday -- Meatball Subs, Veggies, fruit
Friday -- Pizza
Been reading a few blogs about nutrition that I've found helpful and interesting. Health Begins with Mom is a great resource. I haven't bought white sugar in a long time -- really only if I needed it for something big at church because Evaporated Cane Juice Crystals are expensive and we don't eat a lot of sugar in that form. I've been trying to make more things from scratch -- and I hope once I start feeling better, I can do more of that.
I do plan on making these - Josh says we need dessert on Sunday. {sigh} I also plan on making up cookie dough and freezing the balls so the guys can make a pan of it anytime they want. (to a degree of course!) Cowboy Cookies and Monster Cookies -- I can't stand peanut butter so making the monster cookies also means I won't be tempted! LOL!
Been reading this one as well -- Simply Sugar and Gluten Free -- not sure how committed I could be with gluten free -- mainly because of time limits -- but the sugar changes I can do. Agave Nectar is found pretty much everywhere.

Labels: ,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer