July 20, 2009
Easier Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

I had Chicken Spaghetti on the menu for yesterday, but decided to do my own thing (=easier) and surprisingly it was very yummy! My hub loved it, and even Stephen who is NOT a spaghetti fan at all, had 2 servings. Easy and quick.

I cooked the chicken the night before so it was ready. I had also cooked the spaghetti noodles before church that morning. When we got home from church, I turned the oven on to preheat and put 2 cans of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and 1 can of Rotel in a saucepan on medium to heat it up. You can always make your own cream of chicken soup, which is definitely healthier for you, but I was aiming for quick. Once it was boiling, I added the chicken and then added the cooked noodles and stirred it all up. The oven was ready at that point, so I sprayed a 9x13 pan with PAM and poured the entire mixture in it. I put about 1.5 cups of cheese over the top and popped it in to the oven. I cooked some zucchini and asparagus while the spaghetti was cooking/cheese melting.

The pan was already dirty from cooking the noodles, so no added dishes there, but i think heating it all ahead of time sped up the process and didn't allow it to get to dried out.

We will definitely we making this again and again! I'm sure there are other things you can add to make it better -- but it really was tasty like that. I did add some water to thin the soup out, and I am thinking chicken broth would have been better. I'll do that next time.

Labels:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer