December 17, 2009
Christmas is Coming! (Thankful Thursday)

Still have a few things on my list ... not much.  

Stephen was sick during the night last night.  I heard him calling me about 0150.  He wanted his dad to come upstairs and pray for him.  He is having those stomach pains, chills, fever, sweating again.  Ugh.  He always has a lot of "gas" and belches alot but they checked that one stomach problem and it came back negative.  Hub is taking him to the doctor today, please keep him in prayer.   We want to find out what the problem is and get it cleared up.   He has 3 finals today and is plugging through them.   My co-worker's wife is at the hospital right now, please pray for her as well. 

RT # 29 is today ... 5 left.  These last 5 target the scar only with a different type of radiation.  I finish on Dec 23rd.   I'm so glad.  I'm tired of the daily treks.   Today under my arm is a little sore -- like its burnt.  But thankfully the Lord put the effects to a minimum.

Tomorrow is our Annual Christmas Dinner with the church family.  Work here has one too, but I'll probably skip it depending on how Stephen is.   I can only do so much and keep sane.  =)

I plan on making easy stuff, Tator Tot Casserole (figuring the kids would like it); Sugar Cookie Bars and my recipe for Banana Pudding.   That was requested.  Actually they requested I make 3 batches. 

Going to have a cookie/sweet making party on Saturday with Lexi and Sarai.    A few errands in the morning and the rest of the day spent doing Christmas stuff.

Our Christmas menu is:   Baked Ham, Twice Baked Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Homemade Rolls, Veggies, Nana's Apple Salad and dessert.  We'll probably do an antipasto tray, since we usually do that.

Treats:   Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops, Peppermint Bark, Cut Out Cookies, Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies; Chocolate Chip Cookies Chocolate Crinkles  (Alot of this will be given away too!) Homemade Snicker Bar Candy

Thankful Thursday List
  • Thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His saving grace and healing power.
  • I am thankful for my healing.
  • Thankful for my dear husband. 
  • Thankful for my kiddos.   They make life interesting.
  • Thankful for our Pastor and his wife.
  • Thankful for our church family
  • Thankful for another day!
  • Thankful for almost being done with RT!!   Yeah.
  • Thankful the Lord directed us to great doctors.  While He is the Great Physician -- and all glory goes to Him, we are still thankful for compassionate doctors and nurses.
  • Thankful for employment during these times and being able to keep up with bills.  (Even with all these extra medical and fuel costs!)
  • Thankful we did find a good home for Koko -- not the one I'd hoped but I believe a good one.
  • Thankful for good insurance!!

Labels:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer