January 26, 2008
Saturday Meanderings ...
I'm sure most bloggers know about the "Pioneer Woman" and her food blog "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" -- which has a vast array of yummy - normal - recipes. She is also an awesome photographer so each recipe is photoed step by step with occasional input of dry humour.

I am making her "Oatmeal Crispies" this morning - minus the nuts -- and adding raisins. Instead of 1 cup of shortening, I used 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cups of Spectra Organic Shortening.

If you haven't visited -- visit after you have eaten because you will come away drooling at the mouth for some homemade goodness.

Car News ... it looks like I will have to use my warranty after all -- I am at 97,643 miles! I really wanted the $1800 warranty money back to start an emergency fund and pay off 2 bills, but the Lord knew better (imagine that??) -- Transmission fluid is leaking and I will have to have new seals put in. I guess its better now because it would cost more than the warranty refund would have been. (When we originally purchased the car -- they had this "deal" if you bought the warranty and didn't use it your money would be refunded once you reached 100K miles or 3 years) I will pay off my car this year and so do not want a car payment EVER -- but it will be a nice break and can focus on taking care of other bills for a while. And of course, I would like it to be in good running condition. God knows .... and I am thankful this happened NOW instead of after 100k miles!!

Tricia and Gwyneth News: Tricia is doing great and was able to meet Gwyneth! How awesome is that!!! Please continue to pray for both of them.

Cookie Update: Wow -- these are the best oatmeal cookies, I have been trying to find the ultimate oatmeal raisin cookie and I think I have found it! Yippee~

Labels:



2 comments:

Wow! I am glad you had that warrenty! The cookies look yummy

Blogger Saved By Grace said...

These are the absolute best cookies!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer