June 27, 2007
Thankful Thursday -- Blessings!
First, my apologies for not visiting these past couple of weeks-- its been crazy at work. I do have two days off next week -- although we are having a 4Th of July BBQ and I have much to catch up on at my house! Ugh!

First and foremost, I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ. His supreme sacrifice for us. He has the whole world in His hands -- and has a perfect plan for our lives. It's kind of humbling, to say the least.

I am especially thankful for my husband -- for putting up with me some days, and he never complains about what he is fed, or in some cases not fed. I've heard horror stories about husbands that complain about food -- he's never done this. A couple of times, he has said It's okay, but ... and that is in 20 years of marriage!

I appreciate him taking care of and supporting our family -- even when the pain in his feet was horrendous, he still went out there and walked the streets delivering mail. My father, who is now gone, did not do this -- and I struggle with a husband/father who doesn't take care of his family or children. So, I am thankful for him -- for the little things as well as the big.

I am thankful that Rowdy and Mysti have a new home. I'll share what I learned from her injury another day. God had it all in His plan.

I am thankful my brother, still has a job this week! Amen! Still believing the Lord for his salvation and an apartment!

I am thankful for the Lord for helping us financially these past 2 months while my husband was off work from his surgery. I was stressed about making sure everything was paid -- and somehow its been happening. We have had to sell a few things -- but we needed to sell them anyway! God gets all the glory for it.

I am thankful that the Lord lead us to a good car for our son, Josh.

I am thankful my husband was able to fix the roof -- just in time for the rain, which hasn't stopped in over 12 hours!

We were blessed with a treadmill, its older, but it works and it was free! Also, our freezer had been acting up in the summer last year, not keeping things frozen, and we were blessed with a chest freezer. Its huge! We are keeping it in the barn for emergencies. We had to throw away (waste!) so much food last year.

I am thankful for the preached word of God -- I have been praying about certain situations and the answers have been coming from the pulpit. Pray that we take these words to heart and do them!

And as always, I am thankful for this community of bloggers who are an encouragement to me.

Visit Sting my heart for more Thankful Thursday praises -- plus she is having a cool purse giveaway! You can enter here.

Labels:



4 comments:

Blogger Patty said...

I loved reading your list. May your husband continue to recover quickly and may God give you a financial blessing today that comes in a unique way!!

Blessings!

Blogger Irene said...

Thank you for your inspiring post, and all the best to your family.

Blogger Denise said...

Such a sweet thankful list, bless you.

Such sweet things to be thankful for! hey if you want the sound of water dripping in your home, just come here! We are still waiting for our roof to be replaced by the landlord! Been waiting since we moved in in April!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer