June 14, 2007
Thankful Thursday -- God's Provisions
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Hebrews 13:20-21
The Lord has done some amazing things this past week, its so awesome that He is right on time.
I am as always, thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ -- the ultimate sacrifices He gave on our behalf.
Its been a busy week here at work -- our International Students graduate and a new class is coming next week. Many, many preparations -- but by the help and grace of God, I can accomplish everything.
We sold our horses this week, a family came to look at our old horse trailer and decided to take the horses too! They are a young family and have kids that love to ride. I am still believing the Lord for Mysti's complete healing. We did let the family know about her injury, but they are taking her too. We gave them a deal: Rowdy and Mysti -- $500. Rowdy alone $500. Too funny. They were only able to put Rowdy in the trailer so they are coming back next week for Mysti. She did go a little nuts when the trailer pulled out. Her friend was leaving and she was alone. It was pretty heartbreaking hearing her calling for him all that night. We put her with the goats and that helped. Last night when we got home from Bible Study -- guess who was laying down and sleeping right next to the goat house? Mysti! I am thankful they are a comfort to her!!
On a side note to this -- when we paid Mysti's vet bill, the vet allowed us to pay half and then another half. Well that second half was a post dated check for June 8 ... we could have robbed Peter to pay Paul to cover it and been short, but the money from the trailer was deposited just in time to cover the check before it cleared!! He's an on time God, yes He is!
As I noted last week, my brother is here from Connecticut -- and before we left for church last night, Mini started acting really funny. She was struggling to breathe, whimpering, barely walking -- (sorry Sis -- I didn't tell you all this, didn't want you to be scared!) and not doing well at all. We were scared and had no clue how to help. My brother said, go to church, maybe God will save her. I laid my hand upon her head, and said a simple prayer, "God heal her for YOUR glory and as a testimony to what you are able to do"
When we arrived home, it was with great trepidation that we looked in her crate -- and found her looking out at us! She had gotten sick in there and flooded it (literally!) She seemed to be much better, shivering and shakey but much, much better! You know what I did, right? Marched right in there and told my brother, the only reason this pup is better, because God did it! He knows it, he said had to be. And again, I am giving God the glory for healing her!
(She was her old self this morning too!)
I'm so thankful that the Lord heard the prayers and saw the desires on a young couples' heart and opened her womb! I'm so excited for them!! As much as I'd love to be a Nana, my, uh daughter needs a husband first! Plus, I have Joanna to pull on my heart strings!
I am thankful for so much more -- and these only touch the surface, but I wanted to share some amazing things the Lord has done!! We serve a great God!
And as always, I am thankful for this community of bloggers who are an encouragement to me.
Visit Sting my heart for more Thankful Thursday praises!

Labels: ,



8 comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Bless you sweety, you do have alot to be thankful for.

Happy Thursday! What a great list - testifying all that God has done! Praise Him!
Have a blessed day!

Blogger Crystal said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for.....it's great that you could find a home for your horses....
Blessings

Blogger Robin said...

You sure have had a busy week. I'm glad you have so many things to be thankful for today!

Blogger Saved By Grace said...

God never ceases to amaze me sis on how He answers prayers. And there we go, a testimony for your Bro!!! I am still on cloud 9 about the Nana business!!!

Blogger eph2810 said...

I totally agree with you. It is always exciting to see our Lord's hand at work :) - Very cool that you were able to sell both horses to the same people. I hope that you will have a wonderful time with your brother visiting you all.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Blessings on your weekend and always.

Praise the Lord! he always takes such good care of us!

Blogger Gretchen said...

I love that He's an "on time" God. Sound's like he's been a God of healing and renewal right now, too. Amazing. Blessings!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer