June 21, 2007
Thankful Thursday -- Blessings Amidst the Sadness!
I have again, been a non-existent blogger this week. I am going to admit in all honestly, that my job has been a little overwhelming, and while I would like to complain, how my co-worker left me with everything to do, I won't! {grin}
First and foremost, I am thankful for the Lord Jesus -- for choosing me -- and dealing with me, so that I might follow after Him. We are so blessed!
There have been a few trials this week -- but God is still on the throne in the midst of the sadness of this life. His peace surpasses all understanding.
My husband's baby guineas were killed -- it saddened him after the love and care he put into them, and this morning a baby goat was found dead. My poor husband -- we are not sure what happened, anyone a goat expert? We have some questions. Please email me, or if you know of any good books -- sites -- please let us know. He was such a pretty baby too. He was only 3 weeks old. I'm thankful for the peace and comfort of the Lord -- it would be so overwhelming with our animals lately.
I'm thankful for the hand of protection on our family -- so very, very thankful.
I'm thankful my brother found a job. He does good work -- he told the woman who owns the company, that he would work this week for the $10 an hour she offered to show her what he can do, but he needs $15.00. Trusting and believing God she will give him that! (and an apartment shortly down the line!)
I am thankful for good health -- and the healing power of the Lord.
I am thankful for the free cycle community and free offers on Craig's List that have blessed our household lately -- poles for an outside wash line, fencing, more firewood, trash cans, and a contractor shop vac.
And as always, I am thankful for this community of bloggers who are an encouragement to me.
Visit Sting my heart for more Thankful Thursday praises.

Labels:



7 comments:

Blogger Diane Viere said...

The loss of any animal that has made it's way into our hearts....is so sad. I'm so sorry for your losses.

And still, as your list suggests, we do have many blessings. They are always there...we simply need to refocus our sights...and be grateful for them!

Diane

Blogger Patty said...

Hi!
This is my first visit to your blog and it is so pretty. I am sorry about your animals. I know that pain. I am not a goat expert but I pray that God will send you one! May God give you a BIG delight this week for all the trials you have faced.

Blessings,
Patty

Blogger Mary said...

So sorry about losing the animals. God is our strength. Praying for you all. Blessings.

Blogger Denise said...

I am sorry for the loss of the guineas, and the goat. Bless you for being thankful, even in your sadness.

Blogger Gretchen said...

This is my first visit. So sorry to hear about your guineas and goat. Bless you for praising God regardless of your circumstances. May He continue to bring peace,and provide for your family.

So sorry about the critters passing away. Sometimes baby goats up and die. I don't know why but it happens.

Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh, Michelle, I am so sorry to read about the animals. I know how it is to loose an animal.

So thrilled that your brother has found a job. I hope that he will also find an apartment and will receive the $15 pay.

Good health is always good to have--I know that I take it for granted.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer