May 14, 2007
Menu Plan Monday - May 14th
Its funny how much I have come to depend on this -- early today I was thinking "Hey, I haven't given any thought to what I am going to cook this week!" A plan helps me to not overeat and/or eat totally unhealthy meals. I am attempting to change our way of eating after reading blogs and the book Nourishing Traditions. I have done a 360 in my thinking, but we are a work in progress. I'm slowly converting my husband, but we still have some food in the pantry that we need to use. No sense wasting it. I have always tried to make good choices and prepare low-fat meals. I think for me -- its the sweets that get me! Now to just weed out the unhealthy things. My son really liked the homemade calzones from last week, he asked that I make them again SOON. The Parmesan Chicken was good too! Nice and moist.


Monday
Leftovers -- Need to Clear out the Fridge!


Tuesday

Homemade Bagel Dogs**, Oven Baked Fries, Veggies
(We use Hebrew National All Beef Low Fat Franks -- YUM!)


Wednesday

(I will use the 98% Fat Free Soup and Long Grain Brown Rice and leave out the Veggies)


Thursday
Chicken Soft Tacos, Spanish Rice and Corn
(I will make Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas) **

Friday
I am looking for good, healthy -- low fat/sugar muffin recipes -- please leave in comments or email them to me. I'll do a post on what recipes I get and with you as the recommender. I'd like to make a bunch of different varieties and then freeze them for quick and easy snacks for my teens.
I am also thinking about making this, instead of Spanish Rice. Fiesta Rice Salad
Visit Laura for more Menu Plan Participants!

Labels: ,



6 comments:

The bagel dogs look good. I am going to have to try them, maybe my kids will eat them :) Have a great week.

Blogger Christi said...

Yum, yum! Thanks for sharing-

Have a great week!

Blogger KC said...

Your week looks very tasty.

Blogger Sandra said...

Great menu, I make homemade pizza a lot :)

♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a yummy week planned!

Blogger Anne said...

Ah yes, I read Nourishing Traditions a couple of years ago and have tried to do some of the things in it. It is SO overwhelming and definitely a 360 in thinking like you said. We've cut out most convenience foods and now eat whole foods from scratch. It's a process! Anyway, have a wonderful week! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer