May 4, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday - Breakfast Edition & Contest


This pancake recipe is so good! Try it, you will have a keeper! It's a little added work but worth it!

Becky's Best Pancakes

2 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1 1/2 T. baking powder
3 extra-large eggs, room temp.
1 3/4 cup milk (1 1/2 c for waffles)
3/4 stick or 6T butter, melted
Directions:

1. Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
2. Separate eggs.
3. Add yolks to flour mixture after mixing with milk
4. Stir in butter.
5. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form
6. Fold egg whites into batter

Cook as usual on preheated griddle sprayed with PAM or coating of oil.

** Can use 1/2 c. whole wheat flour to replace without changing anything else.

** Added yumminess - sprinkle drained berries onto pancakes after they are on griddle.

Serve with your choice of toppings.
These are not low in fat but pretty healthy with no preservatives/additives for the most part.
I am going to make them this weekend for my family.
Visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more delicious Breakfast recipes.
And another Contest!
Overhwhelmed is having a book giveaway/contest. -- it is for Unbroken by Tracey Elliot.
Just click here to enter. Deadline: 5 May 07.

Labels: ,



13 comments:

Blogger Lorie said...

Yummy! Those sound so good! Gotta try! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pancakes! These sound great, I'll be trying them. Thanks for sharing! =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUm! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!


MJ

Blogger Carey said...

Yummy! Pamcakes are my childrens favorite thing to eat. esp, at dinner time. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pancakes from scratch, I'm usually too lazy to make them! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pancakes from scratch, I'm usually too lazy to make them! Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Jenn said...

My kiddos fave breakfast of all!!

JEnn

Blogger Michelle said...

My husband is always looking for new pancake recipes to make on Sunday mornings...thanks!

Blogger Eagles Wings said...

Oh yeah we love pancakes here as well as french toast :-) I'll have to try this one! A little extra work is always worth a little extra taste!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

Blogger Joyful Days said...

You make me feel so lazy for using a mix! =)LOL

I will have to try this.

Blogger Annie said...

First thing on Saturday morning I heat the griddle! I'll try these tomorrow.

You can't beat pancakes for breakfast. Thanks for sharing :)

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds fantastic. Thanks!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer