March 19, 2007
Menu Plan Monday - March 19th

I am really starting to depend on this menu plan -- some weeks I may switch it around, or not end up cooking dinner -- but just knowing that there is a plan, relieves some stress.
I am a planner. I prefer to know what I am doing and when.
I personally think planners accomplish more, but the husband begs to defer. {wink}
In any case for more menu plans and some awesome recipes ... go here.
Monday
Lemon Pepper Tilipia, green beans and bow tie pasta
Tuesday
Leftover Roast (adding fat free brown gravy and mushrooms and serving over
No Yolk Noodles.
Wednesday
KC Club Sandwiches** with veggies/low fat ranch (Bible Study night)
Thursday
Crock pot Something -- going to try something new!! Check back.
Friday
Homemade Pizza***
(recipe for dough below -- this dough is so easy - try it!)
Saturday
Chicken stir fry w/ brown rice
**KC (Kansas City) Club Sandwich (Recipe of Sorts)
Whole Wheat/Grain Bread (2 slices)
low fat/fat free Mayo
Turkey Breast slices (2-3 slices)
Turkey Bacon (2 slices)
Lettuce
Tomato slices
Red onion slices
Assemble all in sandwich. Toasting bread is optional. This is really yummy!
***Homemade Pizza Dough
2-1/2 C flour (I use an unbleached and whole wheat mixture)
1 t. salt
1 t. sugar
1 T quick-rise yeast (one package)
1 cup warm water
1 T olive oil
In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add water and oil to flour mixture. Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough. (I have never had a need to). Turn onto a floured surface, knead for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. Spray bowl with PAM, place dough in bowl and turn to coat. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes. I've left this longer than 20 minutes and its been fine. Punch dough down and spread into a 12" or 16" pan.
I use a round pan with holes specifically for pizza and this dough fits perfectly.
If you need me to measure mine, just drop me a comment and I'll measure and post tonight.
Toppings: on top of sauce we like: mozzarella cheese, with any of these: red/green peppers, pineapple, ham, mushrooms, pepperoni. red onions. I was a little intimidated at first to make my own dough, because of previous failures, but this is a no failure dough. Let me know if you try it!

Labels: ,



4 comments:

Blogger jennyr said...

your pizza sounds very yummy & healthy! I will bookmark this page! I always have tilapia every week, it's just really good!

Blogger Annie said...

Me too!
My family will ask, "what's for dinner?" and I literally have to check my blog :)
It is great. I am saving your pizza dough recipe for my strombolli recipe. I have been using my hot roll recipe up til now but want to try it with yours next time.
Have a great week.
blessings~
Annie

Great menu! I really *need* menu planning--it saves me!

Love tilapia!

Thanks for sharing!
Blessings~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer