March 11, 2007
Menu Plan Monday - March 12th

I am sitting here contemplating what I should make this week ... and I am struggling, so I can just imagine what it would be like this week, if I didn't come u with some type of plan! I am trying to use what I have in my pantry.

Visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie to view more Menu Plans.


Monday - Chicken Potstickers (just one boy and myself)

Tuesday - Easter suit shopping! (eating out)
Wednesday: Tuna sandwiches and fresh veggies. (Bible Study night)
Friday: Beef Stir Fry w/Brown Rice
Saturday: Hamburgers on whole wheat buns and oven fries.
Sunday: Lemon Pepper Tilipia w/Whole Grain Chicken Rice and broccoli
Here is a hint about cooking brown rice. I rebelled because it just wasn't ... well you know ... RICE!! LOL!
I found the recipe from Crystal Miller at her website, The Family Homestead.
I put 2 cups of water, 1 cup brown rice, and 1 T. plain yogurt in a saucepan appx. 7 hours before I plan on cooking it. When its time to cook, I add 3/4 t. of salt and cook as normal. This makes a huge difference!! It tastes great.

Labels:



2 comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I have been trying to use all whole wheat pastas and brown rice, whole wheat bread... I do it kicking and screaming ... I know it is so much better for our family but I am a wonder bread, white rice kinda girl.
Have a great week.
blessings~
Annie

Blogger Unknown said...

My family loves Potstickers. Yummy!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer