March 15, 2007
Thankful Thursday

This is my first post for Thankful Thursday.

We have really been struggling lately -- nothing seems to be going right!

We had a visiting missionary in service last night; Bro Rufus Parker (Asia Military Missions) and his message was very encouraging. We needed that!

Today I am thankful for Bro Parker's message. In essence come back into the Holiest of Holies and let your Father embrace you -- and take care of all your needs.

I am thankful for that small sprout of faith and joy I felt while praying! I am encouraged!

I am thankful that the temperatures are in the 30/40s, so that I can do my morning 5am walks and prayer time. Its been so cold the last 2 months, I had to switch to in front of the woodstove!

I am thankful for my husband and his job.

I am thankful for my daughter (even though she thinks I am capable of taking care of everything!)

I am thankful for my sons and Josh getting up right away this morning to take me to work, when he didn't need to.

I am thankful for the encouragement on the posts for Thankful Thursday. What a blessing!

But most of all today, I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ for laying down His life for us -- so that we can spend eternity with Him.

Labels: ,



7 comments:

Blogger Deena Peterson said...

This is such a great thing..gathering together to give our thanks to God. I know when I'm struggling, it has a way of pulling me out of my struggle back into the light of His blessing on me. So grateful to those who started this loop!!

Blogger Delete said...

Michelle-

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! I have found that cultivating an appreciative attitude has really changed my outlook on the world around me.

Blessings to you on this day-
Jennifer

Blogger Lori said...

An awesome list, there are so many times I am struggling and I don't want to do my list. Then after I do, do my list I am so blessed.

May you be blessed to day.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us today. Welcome :)

Sometimes through our rocky days it is hard to see the blessings around us. Our vision gets blurred...

Blessings to your day and always...

Blogger Annie said...

Amen to your last one!
I'm thankful that roast is on sale so you can try out the recipe :)
blessings~
Annie

Blogger Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursdays, enjoyed reading your post. Blessings to your family always.

Welcome to Thankful Thursdays. I've found that knowing that I am going to be posting once a week about being thankful has really helped me look for those hidden blessing.

I enjoyed your list. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer