December 19, 2008
Favorite Ingredient Friday -- Cookie Edition II
I thought I would participate in Overwhelmed with Joys's Favorite Ingredient Firday -- Cookie Edition this week. (Seeing as how I have been a bag blogger and I have yet to bake any cookies this season !!) But I do plan on doing that -- work and life has just been a tad overwhelming.

For Christmas I plan on making Winkler's Sugar Cookies (in memory of my mom), Molasses Cookies, the normal Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate Chip, Homemade Snickers Bars, plus Cream Cheese Mints and a new Double Drizzle Pecan Cookies for the hub.

But I am sharing one of my husband's favorite cookies today. Our Pastor's wife made these years ago, and to do this day, I still make them every Christmas. My daughter Sarai loves them too!

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Beat butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Add dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
Roll into 1-inch balls about the size of a walnut (larger if desired). Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Drain cherries and reserve juice. Press center of each ball with thumb. Place a cherry in indentation.
In a saucepan, heat condensed milk and chocolate chips until chips are melted. Stir in 4 teaspoons of cherry juice. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mixture over each cherry and spread to cover cherry. (More cherry juice may be added to keep frosting of spreading consistency.)
Bake for 10 minutes.

Calories don't count on Christmas and Birthdays, didn't you know?

Mine never look like this -- but they do taste yummy!

Photo Credit to ChasinRabbits

Labels: , ,



3 comments:

Blogger threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh these look sooooooooooooooooo scrumptious!!!!!!!!! Hubby will love them too.

Blogger Carey said...

These look so good.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look yummy!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer