July 18, 2007
Thankful Thursday -- Strength
First, I am thankful for the grace of God. The Lord is so good to us -- even when we (I) don't deserve it!

I'm thankful to be back to post my thanks. Its been a couple of weeks due to work and being out of town. Forgive the length of this post ahead of time. {grin}
I'm thankful things have slowed down at work quite a bit -- honestly I've been doing the majority of the workload and I was stressed, now I'm just tired. I really need to be thankful that I have a job!

I'm thankful the Lord made a way financially for us to go to Ohio for the Youth Conference. It was a wonderful 78 degrees and services were awesome. God spoke through the preaching of the word to my sons and to us. I pray we listen and heed.

There was a bit of opposition and my husband didn't feel we should go. So ... we didn't pack or anything. The boys and I were pretty disappointed and well, just not happy! I had really felt the Lord wanted our boys to go. My husband got up and ended up going to our church to pray and called our Pastor -- and then in a whirlwind -- packing, washing and cleaning up in record time. Off we went. God moved and things were peaceful.

On Saturday, on the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower -- my phone rang and Mini hurt her leg. She hurt it good. {sigh} I am trying to be thankful it wasn't something worse -- although in our plans to lessen our debt -- this just undid quite a few months of sacrifice.

I'm thankful my son Josh was raised in the truth -- and he knows what is right. He had to make some choices and thankfully made some correct ones. Please pray for strength for him.

I'm thankful for the Internet, digital cameras and cell phones! What a blessing they are (although sometimes a thorn!)

I'm thankful for brothers and sisters in the Lord that pray and support you -- and this community of bloggers who are an encouragement to me. I hope I can visit today!

For more Thankful Thursday, head on over to our guest host, Laurel Wreath's, place.




We had watermelon last night and slices were on my famous huge tray and when I went back to the kitchen, I found this.

Josh's creation.

I'm praying he will stay close to the cross.

Labels:



8 comments:

Blogger Lori said...

The watermelon is cool! I am sorry your Mini hurt her leg. And I praise God for answered prayers.

Have a blessed Thursday.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanking God with you that you were able to go to the conference. Blessings...

Blogger Deidre said...

Oh, how cool! Never thought of cutting out watermelon.

I'm glad you were able to worship in Ohio with the youth. Precious times.

Blogger Saph said...

Wow, love that watermelon. Love your blog! And congrats on winning that purse! =)

Blessings!

Staying close to the cross is a good prayer to have for him - thanks for the reminder. I hope Mimi's leg gets better fast.

What a sweet wonderful post my sweet sister in name and Christ! Poor little Mini! I hope she is better soon. Give her a kiss on the head from her Aunt Michelle and look alike Katie! I will be praying for you all.

Blogger Denise said...

What a great thankful list, bless you.

Blogger Hopeful Spirit said...

Cute photo to top off a wonderful list. Hang in there!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer