March 27, 2007
Works for Me Wednesday -- Multi-use Tray
This my first post for Works for Me Wednesday - hosted by Rocks in my Dryer. Although I have been reaping the benefits of reading the posts for a while now.

I kept thinking that I can't think of anything that I do, that no one else already knows about. But on Sunday, when we were rolling out our homemade ww tortillas, I thought "my tray would be a great post for WFMW!

A few weeks ago, I was at a NAF sale on post. These are sales where you get all kinds of interesting things at pretty low prices on military installations. I have bought computers, furniture, appliances, pots, trash cans, wood etc. We were there at 0700, and I kept passing by these huge cafeteria type trays. I kept thinking, what could I use one of those for? They had a stack. My friend and I were standing there looking at them trying to figure out what they could be used for -- then she decided that they would work great for crafts (no glue on the table!), play dough projects; painting and I was of the "food" mentality -- and thought since they had a lip around the edge they could contain sprinkles and things like that from cookie/cake decorating. So, we decided for $1.00, why not? So we both bought one. (I also picked up a stainless steel one egg frying pan for 50 cents!!)

I was rolling out cookie dough on my older kitchen counters and after scrubbing and scraping to get the flour and yucky stuff off, I thought I am going to try it on my tray next time.

Well this tray works great! I'm not sure what it is made of, but the dough never sticks to it, as long as there is a bit of flour on it. Clean up is a breeze -- absolutely nothing to scrap off it.

So, my $1.00 multi-use tray definitely works for me in a multitude of projects; takes up minimal space ... and is quite handy. Now I just wish I had bought 2. One for crafts and one for the kitchen.

Here is a photo of the tray with a whole wheat tortilla on it. As you can see, its pretty big, although the photo makes it looks smaller than it is. I stand it up and lean it next to the stove, and it comes to about 3 /4 of the way up the height of the stove.

Too see what works for others, visit Rocks in My Dryer.

Edited: If anyone seriously wants one of these -- drop me an email. The expensive part would be shipping it. But I am willing to try at the next sale.

Labels:



4 comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I want one! No, make it two... then my daughter's playdoh could live on one, too! :)

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Welcome to WFMW! I used to read all the ideas but never post, thinking I didn't have any great ideas either. Then I took the plunge and submitted an idea and, as you can see on my blog, I've come up with many more ideas to share each week! :) It's lots of fun.

I love your large tray! It sure beats spending $40 on a silicone dough mat like I did. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Kacey said...

That is AWESOME! I bet you will come up with many uses for it since it is so big. Thanks for sharing and welcome to WFMW!!

I love that tray and I want a couple too!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer