March 26, 2007
Menu Plan Monday - March 26th

Welcome to another week of menus -- if you haven't ever planned your meals -- please take it from me -- it is a great help in your day to day life!!
Visit The Organized Junkie for lots of great menus and recipes (and all kinds of cool organizing tips!)
Monday -- Tilipia with Lemon Pepper / Brown Rice / Spinach
Tuesday -- Soft Tacos with Salad (Boys on own tonight!)
Wednesday -- Tuna sandwiches with veggies (Bible Study night)
Thursday-- Slow Cooker Thursday -- going to try something new
Friday -- Hamburgers / oven baked fries / baked beans / veggies
Saturday -- Have wedding in early afternoon and school stuff at night!
Sunday -- Baked Ziti (my mom's recipe) / Salad / Italian Bread
Since I didn't have any recipes to try, I thought I would post my healthy oatmeal raisin cookie recipes courtesy of Sun maid Raisins with a little tweaking!! These are a little lower in fat and calories, while still cutting out preservatives and the yucky stuff. These are yummy!!
Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup whole wheat flour (I use soft wheat)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (I use Sea Salt)
1 cup packed brown sugar (Sucanat is the better choice) **
1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
2 Tablespoons canola oil ***
1 large egg (I usually only use the white portion of the egg)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups uncooked old-fashioned or quick cooking rolled oats
1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins (or organic raisins ...)
HEAT oven to 350 F. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl.
COMBINE brown sugar, yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flour mixture to make a blended dough.
STIR in oats and raisins.
DROP by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
BAKE 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned (I cook longer)
Let cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes then remove and completely cool on wire racks.

Makes 40 cookies
** They are really sweet so I usually use a bit less sugar.
*** I don't have any healthier oil -- and don't think olive would cut it, but think maybe if you use coconut oil that would be a healthy replacement.

Labels: , ,



2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your cookie recipe! Looks delicious! And I LOVE your new layout--very springy! Have a great week!

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the Healthy Cookie recipe. I'm always on the lookout for these types of recipes.
Have fun at the wedding and school!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer