March 22, 2007
Slow Cooker Thursday -- Shredded Pork Tortillas

Shredded Pork Tortillas

1 package taco seasoning mix. (Or Visit My Life As Annie for a homemade mix)

1 boneless pork shoulder roast, about 3 to 3.5 pounds

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 cup chicken broth

1 8 ounce jar picante sauce

12 flour tortillas
(my kids like when I make them, but I found that Wal-Mart's Great Value Brand
has only 1 gram of fat per serving.)

Sour cream, shredded cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes etc. for toppings.

Rub taco seasoning mix into pork and place in slow cooker. Combine garlic, broth, and picante sauce; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

Remove meat from crock pot, reserving drippings. Shred meat with forks and return to crock pot. Stir well to combine with drippings.

To serve, spoon meat onto warmed tortillas and roll up. Top as desired with your choice of toppings.

Serve with rice and beans and/or a salad. Yummy!
For more Slow Cooker recipes visit Sandra's Blog.

Labels: ,



6 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle, this sounds great! I do beef and chicken very similarly to this. We just LOVE mexican food in our house :)

Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Sounds great!!
Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Blogger Annie said...

I've made this before and it was really good!
Have a great day.
blessings~
Annie
My Life as Annie!

Blogger Unknown said...

Who doesn't love Shredded Pork. Yummy!

Blogger Sandra said...

Oh wow great recipe, can't wait to try this one :)

Blogger justjuls said...

OOH - my step-mother was from south Miami and always made a Cuban pork roast - and it is the only thing I know how to make with pork - although, you can't buy the seasoning out side of "little Cuba".
This sounds terrific - I can't wait to make it!

Also - I am having a Quirky Quote Qontest at my blog - please join in and pass the word along! Thanks

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer