March 29, 2007
Thankful Thursday # 2


When I was praying this morning -- I was thinking about what I am thankful for, and realized that this list could ultimately be miles long ...

I first and foremost am so very thankful for the grace of God. But for His grace ... I have no idea where I would be. I was not raised in church but felt His gentle prodding and my life took a different turn. A better one.

I am thankful for our church -- we had an awesome service last night. We had a visiting minister instead of Bible study -- and people were weeping and praising the Lord. Awesome.

I am thankful for the word of God -- which is ultimately our guide for life.

I am thankful for my hard-working husband, who has to put in 6 day weeks every week. (not by choice, but by his boss')

I am thankful for my kids, they may not be where they should be in the Lord according to people -- but they are all in church and not into drugs and/or worse things! God touched each one of them in a mighty way last night too!!

I am thankful that my husband makes our bed every morning, even when he is running late.

I am thankful for the Freecycle groups -- which have blessed us with needed items lately.

I am thankful that we have 3 vehicles in operation right now. We are short one and its a struggle to get everyone where they need to be -- but it could be worse. (I need to remember this!!)

I am thankful for the Lord Jesus for without Him ... where would we be?

Edited to add: I am thankful that they turned on the air conditioner in this very old building that I work in. And I am looking forward to our move into the brand new building in less than 2 months!! Yeah!

Labels:



7 comments:

Blogger Aisling said...

That sounds like a good list. My hubby's company moved to a new building last year, 2 years after they were supposed to. With all the delays the move had been Soooo hyped that they were actually disappointed when they finally moved in.

Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

Wonderful list! Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you!

Your church sounds wonderful! Your list is wonderful, so many things to be thankful for!

Blessings~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you DH has to work six days out of the week...That makes the weekend really short for you all...

Yes, sometimes our blessings are bigger than we think they are :).

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this week, Michelle.

Blessings to you and yours.

Blogger Denise said...

Such a wonderful list, bless you.

Blogger marlise said...

That's a beautiful list. Thanks for sharing. Isn't it wonderful to have more to be thankful for than you have time to list? God has truly blessed us immeasurably.

We all have so much to be thankful for if we just stop and think about it!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer