October 16, 2008
Bapple Bread Recipe
This is definitely not the best photo -- but this bread is so yummy! Its low-fat but not rubbery like a lot of fat-free baked goods are.
I am NOT a fan of banana bread but I do like this one. I made mini loaves this time instead of one large loaf. My husband liked grabbing one out of the container for an on-the-go snack.
I first saw the recipe posted by one of my artistic bloggy friends, Michelle at Ozarks Sew n' Sews who in turn found it at Mr. Food.
Bapple Bread
4 ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
2 eggs (I used Aldi brand egg beaters!)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with an electric mixer.
Stir in sugar and let stand 15 minutes.
Add applesauce and eggs and beat well.
Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Cool on a wire rack
(For mini-loaves I baked them for about 20 minutes, then kept checking every 3 minutes until done.)

Labels:



1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you like it! Enjoy. I am using my wordpress blog right now. I am having issues and can not access my blogger or my gmail http://minpinmom.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer