September 29, 2008
Menu Plan Monday -- 29 September

We did pretty well last week, although I didn't make a couple of things ... we just had more leftovers so no need to go out. My pantry and freezer are starting to go bare so I will have to start buying again, except for the little items. Red are food items I had to buy -- the rest are from the pantry.
Sunday -- Chicken, Homemade Mac & Cheese, Sweet Potato, Broccoli, Biscuits
Monday -- Tortellini Soup
Tuesday -- Grilled Chicken, Corn, Orzo (Need Marinade for chicken) Sweet Potato
Wednesday -- Jambalaya (Never made this last week-- out of Rice!)
Thursday -- Pork Steak on the grill, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Friday -- Homemade Pizza
We made homemade applesauce this weekend and ended up canning 6 quarts. This was our very first experience with canning. My husband and Stephen helped with peeling them! Interesting job -- I can't even imagine canning 40 or 50 quarts of just one food, let alone -- apples, corns, beans, jams and jellies .... ugh! We still have apples left that we need to process and not waste! We were given a HUGE sweet potato this week, I cooked it in the crock-pot. I will post a photo tonight. I was afraid it wouldn't be sweet but it was yummy! We used half of it for the one meal and still have 1/2 left.

Labels:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer