May 2, 2008
Frugal Fridays -- Cheese Bags


Cheese Bags, you ask?
Well that is what I have aptly named them. We usually purchase our cheese in bulk (5 lb bags) except if there is a super store sale. I measure 2 cups portions in Ziploc bags and place them in baggies and keep them in the freezer.
After throwing away (and wasting) numerous bags. I am just not a bag washer! I thought this would have to change. I did buy the bags from CVS - so in reality I didn't "pay" for them (or not much!)
So, I had a brilliant thought ...

Here is a photo of my full bag of cheese ready to be put on homemade pizza!
After using, I place the empty ... unclean ...gasp! back right in the freezer where it waits until I am low on cheese and need to fill them all back up again!
Probably a little lazy way to save on bags -- but I figure as long as they are in the freezer, any minor cheese crumbs will be just fine as they are kept frozen all the time. =) And I wish my freezer had that many full bags in there right now! This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago and there are more empy cheese bags than full ones! Everyone knows to just stick them back into the fridge and not throw them away.
Visit Frugal Friday hosted by Biblical Womanhood for a bunch of ideas on saving!

Labels:



2 comments:

Blogger Niki Jolene said...

I always do this for my freezer bags! Hot dogs, veggies, you name it!

Good tip!

:)

Great idea! :) Thanks!
Blessings,
Michele
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer