May 2, 2008
Bloomin' Swap

I LOVE swaps -- when I had my online store and lived in Colorado, I joined in tons of scrapbook swaps. I didn't work full time then, and work was about 3 minutes down the street/30 seconds to the U-Haul shop we operated.

No idea what a swap is? According to the dictionary it is to exchange, barter, or trade, as one thing for another Basically you sign up and are responsible for sending a certain item (s) to someone and they in turn send something back. No money is exchanged. I think I may have gotten the short end of the stick a couple of times where someone did not send anything, which we call a "flaker" but I have never flaked. It is such a disappointment, I just could not do it!

It was kind of fun to receive home made scrapbook layouts and embellishments -- many of my pages are graced with other people's work! And looking at other ladies' ideas sparked some creative juices in me. I started with a group called 200 Pages in 2000. I am still in contact with many of those ladies today. I even met a few of them for Creative Keepsakes University in San Antonio, Texas one year. We talked about having a reunion of sorts one day in a central location -- I would still love to do that.

I know my swapper in the Bloomin' Swap received her package -- because she emailed to let me know. I thought I would share some photos of what I sent her.

I will admit I was a little nervous because I wanted to make sure I sent enough, since there was not a specific amount of money you had to spend -- I didn't want to send too litte or really even too much! What do you think, did I do okay? Still waiting on my package to arrive. You can go here to see some of the other participants.


This is the package I sent all wrapped up for shipping!

Here are the items unwrapped --

(there was also a flower mug with Tazo tea bags that are not phtographed!)

Edited: I received my package yesterday afternoon -- I especially love the little white pail --

I have a thing for pails!

Labels:



1 comments:

Blogger *carrie* said...

Michelle,

What fun packages. I love how you wrapped everything. Thanks for joining our swap!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer