August 9, 2007
Thankful Thursday -- Love & Mercy


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Psa 23:6


I missed last week -- there just has been so much going on that blogging has to be put in the background!



I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ -- His mercy and grace. His overwhelming goodness to my family and me. In all honesty, we are truly undeserving of His love and mercy.

I'm thankful for the good health, the Lord has blessed me and my family with. I try to make it a point to let Him know daily, how truly thankful I am. (we are!)

I'm thankful for my husband, he's back at work after his surgery, and putting in long hours and days. He doesn't have a choice with the hours/days, and I know he is tired.

I'm thankful for my children -- even though lately -- they haven't been making some of the best decisions, they really could be making even worse ones.

I'm just thankful for another day -- with mercies enough for this day. Lord knows I need them!

And as always, I am thankful for this community of bloggers who are an encouragement to me.

Visit Sting my heart for more Thankful Thursday praises!

P. S. I am having a small giveaway, in honor of my 200th post. I missed doing it for the 100th, and the time has flown!

P. S. S. Please pray for me today, I've posted that my brother has come to live with us. I'm struggling! He has never had a good work ethic and he missed yesterday and was home today! I would have fired him. I'm afraid that I wasn't very nice on the phone to him. After he told me he didn't feel like it as his reason for not going -- uh who does? I basically told him he wasn't sitting in MY house on the internet all day, while every one else worked. Ugh! I'm still a little angry and feeling a little guilty about the way I handled it ... BUT ... he has not put in a full 40 hour week since starting the dumb job! He complains about the air conditioning not being cool enough -- ... OOOOHHHHH!!!! I could make a list, but I won't. I'm not perfect -- actually very far from it, but he will never change! I'm still mad. Sorry. Sigh. We need to set a deadline for him to move out and find his own apartment. I am thinking I really need those mercies extended to me today!

Labels:



6 comments:

Your list is lovely. I am sorry about your brother and the struggles you are dealing with. I've prayed for you and him. Have a great day! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord,
Give Michelle and her husband wisdom and a good dose of tough love. Let them speak with words from you and may it work out for good for them and the brother. Bless them in this struggle to do the right thing. amen...

Blogger Denise said...

Bless you dear, I am praying for you.

Blogger Melissa Sheldon said...

Loved your list.

Praying for you and your struggles. I love my brother, but I do not know what I would do if he came to live with us.

Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Great list...You know, when my kids have made bad choices, I never stopped to think they could have made worse ones....what a good perspective...thanks for sharing your list...praying for you strength as you deal with the issues happening right now. Just remember, HE, your heavenly Father is right there taking care of the problems....don't try and do it by yourself.
Be blessed!

Blogger eph2810 said...

I am sorry to read that your husband had to already go back to work--it is hard after surgery and having to put in long hours.
Yes, our children could make worse choices--we just have to continue to lift them up.
Oh, dear - I am sorry that you are having a hard time with your brother. You are right -- we all have sometimes bad days at work, but we still have to do what needs to be done. I will be praying for you all.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart, despite your struggles.

Blessings to your up-coming week.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer