July 26, 2007
Thankful Thursday -- Peace and Joy
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Galatians 5:22-24 KJV

Honestly, I'm not feeling very peaceful or joyful right now -- but I am choosing to be joyful God is good.

First, and foremost I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ -- the grace and mercy he extends to me and my family.

I"m thankful that Mini is healing well -- and running like a maniac until we can snatch her up. We call her the Minimizer. (ie Minimizes your bank account in a flash!) LOL!

I'm thankful my kids all were able to go to a short youth camp getaway this week. (I'm praying the Lord touches all of them in a mighty way!)

I'm thankful Josh is better -- he looked pretty bad yesterday -- he's never sick! -- swollen eyes, swollen mouth and huge neck. We were able to see the doctor due to a cancellation in a short amount of time. I'm thankful for that.

I'm thankful 21 out of the 24 guinea eggs hatched. And they are all safe and warm growing in a totally enclosed cage. (so no cats can get them this time!)

I'm thankful for Squirt -- she's usually always happy to see me and wants to go home with us when its time to leave. She does a heart good. I cant' believe she'll be 2 in a week!

I'm thankful for brothers and sisters in the Lord that pray and support you.

And as always, I am thankful for this community of bloggers who are an encouragement to me.

Visit Sting my heart for more Thankful Thursday praises! Be blessed!

Edited to Add: Please drop a prayer or two heavenward for Josh -- I got a call this morning that he had a rough night. His throat closing up and nose bloods. I so wanted to pick him up from camp but he does NOT WANT ME TO. I'm not sure if it is the medication reaction or just what ever has happening with the swelling. Honestly, I'm a little afraid, especially since he is so far away. His roommate told my daugher that he was choking and talking strange things. The enemy does desire to have him -- please help me lift him up before the throne of God. Thanks so much.

2. I can post at work, but can not access any blogspot websites. {sigh} How dumb is that? So, I will visit tonight. {At least (hopefully) it will help me keep my mind off my kids!}

Labels:



8 comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Awesome list!! It's such a blessing to see our God at work in your life. From His provision for Josh, and his blessings on your children and others...I can definitely see His hand on you!! Thank you for sharing...Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Blogger Robin said...

Very nice thankful list!

Blogger Mary said...

You chose well...to fill your heart with thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Honestly, I'm not feeling very peaceful or joyful right now -- but I am choosing to be joyful God is good"

I love this statement, and I knnow God is going to reach you where you are at and take you to a great place because you are placing Him first. YOU GO GIRL!

Happy TT,
<>< Kelly (aka:Kellyque777)

Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for choosing to be thankful, bless you dear one.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list!
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for entering my drawing.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Blogger Hopeful Spirit said...

Hang in there! :-) You were obedient today in choosing to be thankful rather than bitter, angry or many other things . . . that's a victory! Claim it.

Blessings!

Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh dear - I am so sorry to read about Josh's ailment. I hope that he will be okay!!!!
I had to laugh though about your "Minimizer" - too cute.
Okay, I am guess I am not that educated, but I didn't know that guineas are coming to this world in eggs. Wow - so cool that I continue to learn :) Thanks for sharing that.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer