March 1, 2007
Slow Cooker Thursday
We live in the "country" -- so trash pick up is every other week. In my (usual) mad rush to get out of the house and get to work on time AND get the trash out -- AND get something started for dinner due to errands after work -- lots going on this weekend. I remembered my friend Melinda telling me about this recipe she threw together. I quickly texted her to get all the details ...


Did I mention that its snowing? It was 63 yesterday! {sigh}


Here's my recipe for today, I'll call it Melinda's Crockpot Chicken. Good with rice and/or on tortillas.


Ingredients:

4 frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts

1 bag frozen Pepper and Onion Blend (we use Kroger brand)

1 can Rotel Tomatoes

1 can black beans, drained/rinsed.


For good measure, I added a little salt, garlic powder and a sprinkle or two of cumin.


Cook on low all day. High about 4 hours.
And here is a Breakfast Crock-pot Recipe that I am going to try this weekend. Whatever is left over we can use during the week to put in tortillas and have a quick, nutrious breakfast.
Southwest Crockpot Breakfast

1 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4-oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
2-1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
18 eggs
Grease inside of crockpot with butter.
Starting with sausage, layer meat, onions, peppers, chilies, and cheese, repeating the layering process until all ingredients are used.
In large mixer bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk or eggbeater until combined, then pour over mixture in the crockpot.
Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours. Serve with sour cream or fresh salsa. 12 servings


For more Slow Cooker Recipes, visit: Dairy of a SAHM.

Labels:



4 comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Yum, that breakfast casserole sounds really good.
Have a blessed Thursday!
Annie

Blogger Sandra said...

Michelle both these recipes sound amazing and I can't wait to try them, I'm so glad you shared a breakfast one too :)

Hugs,
Sandra

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look good.. thank you for sharing!

Blogger Unknown said...

What quick and easy meal. Thanks for posting this one.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer