February 26, 2007
Menu Plan Monday

Ready for another week? This plan makes life a little easier for me.

I like to be organized -- but it is a work in progress.


Visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie for more great plans and recipes.


Monday: Double Easy Mexican Casserole (recipe below w/my healthy changes)

Tuesday: Turkey Sub Sandwiches

Wednesday: Low-Fat Frankfurters, Buns and Veggies
(Bible Study night)

Thursday: Going to try a new crock pot recipe -- thinking Pasta Fagioli Soup or Fajitas -- saw it on another blog ... need to find the recipe.

Friday: Anniversary Service at our Church (Dinner there!)

Saturday: Homemade Pizza and
Italian Cheese Bread and Salad.

(you have to try the Italian Cheese Bread -- its yummy. I ended up making it twice last week and my kids loved it. Going to make 2 Saturday, one as a pizza and one as the original recipe. The dough is so easy to work with, and for someone as in-experienced with dough as me, this is a breeze!
Double Easy Mexican Casserole
Original Recipe:
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8 oz. can taco sauce
1 8 oz. can enchilada sauce
1 4 oz. can green chiles
2 lbs. ground beef
shredded longhorn cheese
Doritos (corn)
Brown the meat. Add meat to other ingredients, except cheese and chips. Layer in casserole. Start with chips, meat mix, then cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
My Way -- Double Easy Mexican Casserole

1 can 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8 oz. can taco sauce
1 8 oz. can enchilada sauce -- I use green
1 4 oz. can green chiles
(or I will add a can of Rotel tomatoes and leave out the green chiles. Aldi has their brand of Rotel so its more economical to use the Aldi Rotel.

2 lbs. ground beef -- I use chicken (2 boneless/skinless breasts and 1 can of chicken or 3 breasts) Boiled. I always rinse the canned chicken.
shredded longhorn cheese -- I use mozzarella
Doritos (corn) -- I try to find the least fat version.

Boil the chicken breasts. Rinse and drain the canned chicken if using that. Then I combine all the ingredients except the cheese and chips. I bring that to a boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes or so. I like to mix this up the night before and then refrigerate. Layer in casserole. Start with chips, meat mix, then cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Top with lettuce, diced tomatoes and/or fat free sour cream. Yummy!

Labels: ,



2 comments:

Blogger jennyr said...

it's nice that u added some recipe! thanks for sharing...

it's my 1st time for this, i am having fun!

Blogger Annie said...

Your menu looks yummy.
Have a great week!
blessings~
Annie

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer