January 29, 2010
Wow, another week passed!
Really love the song below.  Most of that is my heart regarding souls ... at times I fail miserably but I do believe that people really need the Lord.

I have NO CLUE what I would have done if I didn't have the Lord to lean on during the past year.  I do not know how people do it.  I would have been a basket case, don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy by any means and I have my "melt down" moments -- but my strength truly came from the Lord.  It continues to this day.

Lexi did get that awesome job -- we were all a little shocked about the hourly wage!   It was about $3.00 more than they quote at first with good health benefits and a 401K plan.  So Josh and Lexi have awesome jobs now.  Going to take care of a few piddly medical bills and work on their house.  They really need to live somewhere around our town because he works 30 minutes one way and she works the other direction. 
They are so thankful to the Lord for this opportunity!  I'm so glad that they realize where the thanks belongs.  Lexi does get to work with a sister in our church so that is just an added bonus.  The ladies at her current job weren't always very nice to her.  She is a pretty meek person -- I don't like it when people treat her unkindly.  She's had enough of that in life.  People just need to get a life.

There's been a lot of talk about unity in our church.  Unity and trust walk hand in hand.   We all need to work on trust ... hard to walk in unity with someone that you aren't trusting of.   Hard.   Been there.  Won't do that again.

I made a baby blanket for one of the international officer's.   His wife had a baby girl on December 30th.
They are from the UK and he came right after my cancer diagnosis and beginning "bald" days.   I don't know if he was warned ahead of time, but when they came in our office -- I never saw that in their eyes.   No disgust, no pity -- no alien looks.  None of that.  I didn't forget and I appreciated it so.  Anytime I've had the chance to help him, I've gone above and beyond that.   He needed help getting his daughter added to his orders and I helped him get it done in less than 2 hours.  He said I was her "fairy godmother".  LOL
So I made her a "cinderella" blanket.  It really touched them -- a drop if kindness goes far beyond we can ever think or dream.   I get to meet her next week when I am sure I am over this sickness/cold.   No cooties for Annabel.   =)   Good people.

Have two more in the works for two special little boys!

I'm not saying everyone had that look -- but so many did.

Not much plans for this weekend, Kansas City tomorrow ... hoping to get Josh and Lexi to take us to Cheddar's to celebrate.  A Ladies' Valentine Tea at church on the 13th and my hub turns the big "50"

Thanks for your continued prayers ... love ya!

Labels:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer