January 11, 2010
Beef Stew in the Crockpot
I personally do not care for beef stew with a brown sauce.  {shudder}  I grew up with beef stew in a red/tomato sauce, so that is how I cook it. 

Beef stew meat  (or cheap round steak/leftover roast)
1 small onion, diced
6 potatoes (I had red on hand)
1 bag mini carrots
3 stalks celery
salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder
1 large can tomato sauce
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables

Brown meat and diced onion in a frying pan on the stove.
Peel (or don't peel), but wash potatoes and cut in large chunks
Cut carrots and celery into eatable pieces.

Put everything in the crockpot except for the frozen veggies.  Cook on low all day.  About 30  minutes prior to serving, add the frozen veggies and heat through.
Serve with crusty bread, or bread sticks. 

You can add a can of beef broth if you like.  I usually don't but just rinse out the pan from the meat with a little water and put that in the crockpot.  

Labels: , ,



1 comments:

Blogger Jenna B said...

I'm gonna make this!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer